Denise Goldberg's blog

Wandering along the edge
An exploration of Prince Edward Island

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Would I recommend a tour of PEI?

...and will I go back myself?

Absolutely! I thoroughly enjoyed my time wandering Prince Edward Island. It's a beautiful place, and I found the people to be very friendly.

The terrain in this province isn't flat; I'd describe it as rolling. If you're looking to tour in a place with serious hills or mountains, then PEI probably isn't for you. But if you want to visit a beautiful and friendly place and you like access to the water, then I believe this is a great touring destination.

My travels were along the edge of the tourist season. The weather for the most part was very acceptable. The temperatures were a bit cooler than at home, but that was what I expected. Most places - restaurants, motels, B&Bs - were still open, and many places were offering off-season rates. Traffic was very light, although I suspect I would consider even in-season traffic to be light.

And will I go back myself? The answer to this question is yes! The thing I'm really starting to wonder though is if I'll someday do a tour someplace where I don't want to return...