Denise Goldberg's blog

Wandering along the edge
An exploration of Prince Edward Island

Monday, January 26, 2009

Introduction

Hey Denise, it's August: And you still haven't settled on the location of your second biking vacation of the year!
Journal entry written on August 1, 2005


Yes, you're right, I really am talking to myself, although I could just as easily be talking to one of my touring bikes. She has been bugging me about making plans ever since I got home from my trip in Downeast Maine at the end of June. What do you mean, normal people don't talk to themselves or have bikes that join in the conversation? Are you implying that I'm not normal?

Rather than follow my normal vacation planning habit of planning more than one trip (for the year) at the same time, I deliberately waited until the successful completion of my first bicycling vacation this year. I wanted to make sure I was really back to myself again... I'm still cycling at a slower speed than I was pre-crash, but I really do feel like I am back. My trip to Maine at the end of June definitely was a successful tour, and whle my intentions were to plan a second tour for this year as soon as I returned home, somehow that didn't happen. I have been tossing some ideas around in my head though.

Given that it's already August, my plans are to take an early fall trip. Not too late though, because the destinations I'm thinking of are all in the north - I'm hoping not to have to deal with really cold temperatures. Of course I don't have any control at all over the weather wizard, so I could be dealing with colder than desired temperatures even with a relatively early in September start.

The real questions at this point are 'where?', and 'what sounds interesting?'. As usual for me it's not a case of not being able to find someplace interesting to visit, it's a case of having to choose, and in my mind that's a good type of problem to have. The places that are bouncing around my mind right now are Nova Scotia, Ireland, and Prince Edward Island.